Alexander Technique lessons can offer profound help in a number of important ways:
- improved posture / appearance (incl. comfort in sitting, standing and everyday tasks)
- more confidence, including presentational skills and public speaking
- freedom and management of back and joint pain and general mobility
- improvements in your skill in sport, music or drama - sometimes to a startling degree (at all levels)
- improvements in your ability to deal with stressful situations / job interviews and exam stress - especially helpful for school children.
I teach from St.Agnes church (main hall) and church hall.
I offer good discounts for pre- booked lessons and I can arrange workshops for students
and teachers, special interest groups such as instrumental teachers (I'm also a high level professional musician, teacher and consultant); body work practitioners and sports instructors.
Current pupils include people from all walks of life, performers, business people and also children.
I run intensive introductory weekends (in Windsor) throughout the year.
These are an excellent way to learn about the technique
in a small group setting combining individual lessons with group work.
Please get in touch to arrange a demonstration
Follow psychophysical studies and AT on Facebook
'Everyone wants to teach us what to do,
leaving us still doing the things we should not be doing'
Alun's Blog: Alexander Technique related and general topics
A major trial, published in the BMJ (August 2008) confirms the long term effectiveness of Alexander lessons in the mangement of back pain.